We are always looking for new and exciting filmmakers who wish to help bridge the gap between the film industry and the next generation. We like our applicants to have a broad knowledge of film production from story conception through to editing and delivery. If you enjoy working with young people and match the specified skillset then we want to hear form you!
If you are interested in applying for a Film Tutor position, please EMAIL your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Film Academy (YFA, www.youngfilmacademy.co.uk) are seeking an energetic, motivated and highly organised candidate to assist with coordinating our filmmaking courses across the year (for ages 8-17) including our Residential Filmmaking & Screen Acting Summer Camp (ages 12-17) in August. This role will also involve coordinating event and party bookings and assisting on project work throughout the year.
Young Film Academy is based near Regents Park in central London and is the leading provider of practical filmmaking education to young people aged 6-19 in the UK. We work with a variety of partner organisations including schools, charities, arts institutions, British Film Institute, private individuals and the UK film industry. Our mission is simple: to inspire the next generation of filmmakers.
A successful candidate would ideally have previous arts or education management experience, but this is not essential. This position carries responsibility for running existing operations, as well as liaising directly with clients and YFA tutors/filmmakers. They must have excellent organisational and communication skills; they should enjoy a challenge, feel confident talking to parents, love imposing ruthlessly efficient order on chaos and relish the prospect of working in a small, dynamic team, taking responsibility for their own working schedule. They should have an interest in the film & TV industry and passion for working on projects with young people.
This role will include:
– Preparation and organisation of year round filmmaking courses both in London and online
– Taking bookings & managing logistics for filmmaking events and parties
– Managing bookings and logistics for YFA’s Residential Summer Camp (https://www.youngfilmacademy.co.uk/courses/residential-summer-camp/)
– Assisting the Events & Partnerships Manager on projects when needed
Essential Skills include:
– Excellent administration skills and efficient workflows
– Strong personal and telephone skills when liaising with a variety of stakeholders
– Proficiency on Mac computers (inc Pages and Numbers software)
– A team player with a personable nature
– Strong time management skills & ability to manage their own workload
– No previous criminal record that may fail an Enhanced DBS Check
This is a freelance self-employed position, based on 3 days per week @ £90 per day (10am-6pm) with more days per week during our busy summer period (June-August inclusive). Candidates must be available to work exclusively, full-time 4th – 21st August 2023 on YFA’s Residential Summer Camp.
YFA’s atmosphere is casual and fast-paced
Overall salary approx £22k p/a pro rata, depending on experience.
Interested candidates should e-mail a CV PLUS covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) to email@example.com
Deadline: 4th November 2022 — We are recruiting ASAP for this position.